Thursday, November 6, 2008

In which I write blog posts all day instead of reading

Item: I took a walk down Oxford Street after dinner tonight. All the big department stores have their Christmas displays out, some of which are quite clever. In fact, the Christmas seasons starts sort of insanely early here.

Item: I have a new hat! I like it very much! It goes well with my new coat.
IMG_1771

Item: This is not for girls, so obviously I had to try it. I don't even know what it is, yet, though I suspect it to be chocolate of middling quality.
IMG_1767

Item: Muji. Have I mentioned how obsessed with them I am? They have a lot of small stocking stuffer type gifts for Christmas, stuffed toys, gadgets, games and the like. They also have a City in Bag building block sets: you can get Tokyo, Paris, New York, London, and the set below, which is labeled "Mystere." You've got Stonehenge, a pyramid, some Easter Island statues, the Loch Ness Monster, the Nazca Lines, the Sphinx and some sort of temple. I love it. I am happy to have it sitting on my windowsill.
IMG_1785

Item: all of this should give you an idea of how much work I got done today.

2 comments:

~*sim*~ said...

is it... could it be... the parthenon? rather fewer pillars, but it would go with all the rest of the name dropping....

megan said...

I'm not sure. It looks like Grecian, definitely, but is there anything that's supposed to be particularly mysterious about the Parthenon aside from, perhaps, the circumstances of its demise?